Monday, April 5, 2010

Tweet: Scientists decode songbird's genome

Tweet: Scientists decode songbird's genome

Birds learn songs the way that children learn to speak.... or perhaps it was the other way around.
It's taken me a few days to get over April 1st, which was, for the record, pretty weird. Everything that could go wrong that day did and in a most spectacular fashion. My friend hand delivered an invitation to her daughter's wedding. I opened it with much delight, and found a major typo, which meant she had to re-print all the invitations. As I was telling her this, I noticed her glasses looked odd. Turns out her frames are magnetic and she had attracted a dime to the centre of her frames. She had been wearing the dime most of the day. Another friend's daughter was in the hospital with a minor thing (thank god) so she had to cancel an evening with us. My daughter was going to a concert and got there to discover the tickets that they had purchased on the internet were fake. There's a lesson there for you all- don't buy concert tickets on the net. Then my daughter got strep throat and had to get antibiotics. I spent the vast majority of the day trying to get my new article to print and it wouldn't because the web site was set up to prevent this. I also had a file to send and went to my husband's office to print it on the fancy photocopier, only to find an error which meant I had to put the package together again. Our new books arrived and we didn't get the number we needed and I had to pay 70 bucks for duty as they were classified incorrectly. It was one very strange day and I'm happy it won't happen for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment