Monday, September 13, 2010

This has really been the longest 24 hours. It's hard to believe that we had our first lecture yesterday as my brain is already fried today. I probably wouldn't feel like death warmed over were it not for the fact that the room was freezing today and I spent 50 bucks on flu medicine at rite aid right after we got out of the last session. now with drugs I feel a little better.
There's so much to take in and so many ideas for projects. in the middle of the second presentation i sent out a book proposal based on the information that the scientist was presenting. No idea if it will sell, but it was a fabulous idea. Even Leslie loved it.
It's interesting spending time with world famous journalists. They want to write books. I want to be a writer. Guess it's like actors who want to be directors.
As for lobsters , we have started a tally. 24 hrs, 4 down. 5 more days to go.
and for the guilty admission: I was sitting in the front row, close to a video screen that had been lowered from the ceiling. On the screen were photos of the open ocean which waved back and forth in the air conditioning. I got sea-sick...on land....sitting in a chair. A new record even for me. Can hardly wait until Weds when I spend the day on water. Thank heavens for drugs.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:woods hole

No comments:

Post a Comment